Many people who intend to buy composite decking are put off by the price tag. It's true that good-quality wood plastic composite products are much more expensive than bog standard decking materials: in fact, composite wood plastic decking prices three times as much as some softwood products. With this in mind, you might be wondering why anyone would want to pay composite decking prices when they could get something cheaper from somewhere else.
Advantages of WPC Decking Materials
Wood composite plastic decking prices cost is somewhat higher than traditional lumber, but considers all the time you will have to enjoy your deck and never worry about staining again, waterproofing and painting for many years to come. Costs vary with different manufacturers, but some have up to a 50 year warranties.
Wood composite plastic decking is backed by an industry first 20-year limited stain and fade warranty. Requiring only an occasional cleaning with soap and water, it is engineered to provide a scratch resistant, stain resistant, superior finish that will look beautiful and last for years to come.
- General Tips on WPC plastic decking Boards Install
- Store WPC plastic packs in a flat, dry area under roof and off the ground, cover with protective plastic.
- WPC plastic products are not "structural" and must not be used as bearers, joists etc.
- Always pre-drill, when screwing or fixing near the ends of the boards. Only use fixing that comply with the building code of Australia.
- In all cases when screwing down do not overdrive screws. Fix with low to medium tongue. Do not punch nail-heads under the surface of the board. Fixing too close to the end of the board may cause splitting. Do not fix within 15mm of the end of the board.
- Perimeter of the deck should be kept open and free of vegetation to enable ventilation.